26 January 2013

Miss Pronunciation XVIII

Miss Pronunciation's Pants on Fire

Now, I only heard this once, and it was from M. Pronunciation, my significant other of ESL stock, but it did make me giggle - so I share it with you as the first Miss Pronunciation of 2013.

The topic matter is now lost in the mists of time, but at one point he came out with "Yes, but he was just a flash in the pants".

I giggled. Hard.

Not in a mocking way. In a "did you just say one of the funniest things ever?" way.

It's a flash in the PAN.

The origin is a topic of debate - was it the flash of gold in a pan that suggested there may be riches, but turned out to be just another hunk o' rock; or was it the gunpowder that ignited when lit, but the bullet never fired?

Anyhoo......I like the idea of a "flash in the pants", and I'm adopting the mispronunciation into my vernacular.





No comments:

Post a Comment