1 August 2012

Emotion

Emotion.

Emotion.

Emotion.

Sigh.

Always.

        The same

                    Question:

           
            How do I get emotion into my voice?

Sigh.

I question you:

        Why are you targeting emotion? When you speak in everyday life are you aiming to create an emotion for yourself * ? OR are you aiming to achieve something?

That’s another kettle of fish....exactly the kettle and exactly the fish you need to be investing your time into: Intention.

Emotion. Sigh.

In life I want or need to do something (my objective).

There are an unlimited series of actions I might follow trying to achieve this (intentions/actions).

The emotion I feel is a symptom or a product of me either achieving this thing (maybe relieved), not achieving this thing (maybe disappointed) or achieving something else entirely all together (maybe surprise) **.

Why on earth are you treating your acting any differently?

Aim to achieve something - an intention that is firmly rooted in your breath. The emotion will come and it will surprise you if you have opened your body to it.

Emotion is the symptom - the destination - not the journey.


* Yes - admittedly as a teenage drama queen (it lasted well into my 20s) I did. But on the whole as a functioning human being, is this standard?

**The problem is sometimes emotion is blocked. Physically or mentally. This is the reason we train....it is to avoid these blockages occurring and undo the existing. That IS another kettle of fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment